There’s a lot that goes into hosting a holiday celebration, whether it’s 2 or 7 people. While it’s a wonderful time of year to celebrate, there's no denying that it can also be a stressful time. While the main tip is always to prepare in advance, there are a lot of little tips and tricks that can make a world of difference. Get your home prepared with these 7 simple holiday hacks:
1. Stock up early: This is probably a no brainer but stock up on all your holiday essentials early! Not only are a lot of ingredients on sale the week prior but so is bakeware, tableware and tools! Plus you’ll likely avoid all crowds and feel prepared- which is always a plus!
2. Headcount then figure out the menu: While this holiday season may look a lot different, once you have a finalized headcount THEN plan the menu. If you are hosting a small amount of people, cook the dishes you absolutely love. Still not sure on what to make? Ask your guests what their favorites are and build the menu from there.
3. Don’t be shy to delegate: Don’t be afraid to ask your family members + guests to help out. Whether it’s bringing a side dish/dessert or grabbing some last minute groceries at the store, it is the season of giving after all haha
4. Take help from the store: Everyone has that ONE dish they really dislike making. It’s honestly not worth the stress, so give yourself a break and pick it up from the store. You can even ask a family member who loves cooking to bring it with them, going back to the above...don’t be afraid to delegate!!
5. Test out new recipes BEFORE the big day: Trying new recipes can be fun, especially with all the new delicious recipes you find on social media but sometimes they don’t taste as great as they look. I highly recommend trying any new recipes a few weeks before. This will not only allow you to test the recipe but you will also get to master it ahead of time. This way you’ll have your menu down pat.
6. Warm your plates: This tip is a bit extra but I promise it will make your dinner feel extra special. Warm your plates before serving to keep the food at the perfect temperature. It also creates a cozy ambiance and makes you feel like you are at a 5 star restaurant.
7. Enjoy the company: Last and probably most important- enjoy yourself! You worked extremely hard and a lot went into this special night, don’t forget to relax and live in the moment. Dinners come and go but memories last forever, take a deep breath and give yourself a pat on the back!!